The 316M Merger Attachment is available for the John Deere W200 series and R450 (rotary traction unit) self-propelled windrowers (SPW) with 500R, 995 or 994 Rotary Platforms (4.5 m [14 ft, 6 in.]) only.
The 316M allows merging of windrows with SPW in front of a self-propelled forage harvester, or in conditions that do not require wide swaths for dry-down. The 316M can eliminate the need for raking or merging passes through the field.
- Merge two or three windrows into one.
- Single windrows of approximately 6’ wide can be created as selected by the operator.
- Control all functions using the keypads on the multi-function lever.
- Attachment can be disabled on-the-go for normal center-dumping of the windrow.
- Attachment rises to transport position with leading edge of the belt frame angled upward to clear incoming crop flow for center-dumping.
- Belt speed is controlled from the cab and is adjustable to vary windrow placement and formation.
- Attachment features a front conveyor behind the conditioner. This device gathers material dropping out of the crop stream, and delivers it to the cross belt for reliable function in varying crop conditions.
- The hydraulic drive system enables the belt to maintain speed as the engine load is increased and engine speed decreases.
- Windrowers arrive from the factory Merger-Ready. No welding is required.
- Center-dumped windrows are approximately 6’ wide and non-adjustable when the merger is disabled.
- The size of a belly-dumped windrow can vary with crop conditions.
- This attachment only discharges to the right side of the machine when merging.
- The machine toolbox at the left side of the machine is not compatible with this attachment.
- The merger attachment is not compatible with the larger REAR tire option (16.5L-16.1) tires on the W-200 Series Windrowers. It is compatible with all FRONT tire options on all machines.
- AutoTrac is needed for efficient harvesting when combining three windrows into one.
- The 316M is not compatible with impeller conditioners. The attachment is compatible with all roll-type conditioners.
- It is advised to add a camera to the base machine to view the crop flow under the machine. The camera can be mounted under the right side storage box and can be displayed on a 2630 display or with a camera display screen mounted in the cab by the dealer.
This product is available through your local John Deere Dealer.
- Bundle RC101001 for the 316M Merger Attachment. (This is the base bundle for the merger on all units.) Parts for 500R Platforms are included in this bundle.
- Bundle RC101283, W200-Series Completion Bundle, is also required for installation on W200-Series self-propelled windrowers. Parts for 500R Platforms are included in this bundle.
- Bundle RC101282, R450 Completion Bundle, is also required for installation on R450 self-propelled windrowers.
- Bundle RC101002, 995 Completion Bundle, is also required for installation on a 995 Platform.
- This bundle is not compatible with John Deere W200 Series draper traction units, D450, A400, 4895, 4995, 4890, and 4990 Self-Propelled Windrowers.
- When using a 995 Platform for crops greater than five tons per acre and the harvesting of green/wet cereal grains, also order E94819 and E94820 (sheaves) through the John Deere Parts System to drive the conditioner at 1000 rpm. These parts are not required for the 500R Platform.
Note: Crop accelerators and rotary strippers are advised for heavy crop conditions when using a 995 Platform. See 316M Operator Manual for more information.