The 36A / 48A Research Plot Harvester is used to harvest test plots of alfalfa, grass, switch grass, or other forages and/or biomass crops. The harvesting units can be configured to use a Front Mower, Tractor, or Towable Power Unit.
- 36A and 48A Harvesting Units are interchangeable. 36A has a 36” wide cut. 48A has a 48” wide cut.
- Mechanical drive system for efficiency of drives and service points
- 26/30-Knife cutting flail for clean, fine cut, 36” or 48” cut width
- Overall width of 48” for 36A configuration, 60” for 48A configuration (due to gauge wheels)
- Re-cutter blower for particle size reduction
- Options for bagging system or rear hopper, both with integrated scale system.
- John Deere 1585 Terrain Cut Specifications
- Optional Cab with a/c and heat
- 48” overall width when configured by RCI
- 37.4 Hp
- Diesel Fuel Only
- Additional Specifications
- Sample hopper system volume is approximately 15 cu. Ft. and has hydraulic door opening.
- Larger Rear hopper system volume is approximately 42 cu. feet and has hydraulic door opening.
- Bagging system sample volume is approximately 5 cu. Feet (optional)
- Recutter reduces particle size drastically over competitive machines, resulting in less volume needed per plot
- Other machine variations are available on request