The 812A is intended to be used to adapt John Deere C-Series, 40-Series, and 90-Series corn headers. This adapter is intended for non-chopping and chopping headers of up to 12 rows in size.
- Mechanical Drive for reliable operation.
- A driveline clutch is integrated for MY2019 to protect the header from overload with heavy duty and extreme duty header drives.
- This clutch is standard equipment on all adapters
- This clutch is recommended for use with the 8000-Series SPFH.
- This clutch is required for use with all 9000-Series SPFH.
- This clutch is not compatible with Automatic PTO Coupler for Mechanical Header Drive Option; however, it can only be used with the shorter driveline (AXE74294) used in that bundle.
- Dual gearboxes are used to power the headers in demanding conditions.
- A cross drive shaft is standard equipment for dual drive headers.
- Feed roll allows for installation of replaceable paddles for long life.
- Extra plates and plastic filler pieces are standard equipment so each adapter can be used with both standard and wide forage harvesters.
- Filler plates provide for the lateral tilt of the forage harvester to operate normally.
- Jack stands allow for the adapter to be removed independently or retained on the corn head on a trailer for transport.
- No modifications of the corn head are needed for use on the forage harvester with the exception of older corn headers. Older corn headers need to be updated to use PTO driveshafts (Contour Master Style) to fit the adapter. Contact your John Deere dealer for more information.
- Adapter is compatible with all tire configurations and spacings of the SPFH.
8000- and 9000-Series Highlights for Combine Headers:
- Electrical controls for the header operate for the electrical system of the header.
- Hydraulic controls for the header operate for control of the header hydraulics.
- Header speed control provides the operator a variable control for header speed for various conditions.
The 812A Combine Header Adapter offers the following advantages over other brands of adapters.
- Feed roll is movable and can be allowed to float if desired for different crop conditions.
- Feed roll bars are replaceable and can use John Deere service parts.
- Unit keeps the main driveline from the base machine at the original angle to keep clearance to the SPFH drive tire to be compatible with all tire options.
- Reliability of header drive is higher with RCI adapter than competitive units due to maintaining original driveline angle.
- This is the only header adapter approved by John Deere to maintain driveline and/or corn header warranty that may exist.
- Compact unit is easy to store, clean, and install. This also keeps the forward distance of the header to the SPFH minimized for ease of crop flow and header lift capacity.
- Header driveshaft angles are more aligned than with competitive adapters, resulting in greater header driveshaft reliability.
- The unit is compatible with all wheel spacing options of the SPFH. Wheels do not need to be moved to a wide configuration to accommodate the driveline as is the case with competitive units.
- Moving wheels side to side on a machine to accommodate a wider driveline angle may void the final drive and transmission warranty on the machine.
Model Year 2016 Improvements:
The following improvements have been made on all adapters for MY2016. An update kit is available through RCI for MY2015 machines.
- Feed roll is locked in a raised position from the factory for more throughput of the paddles.
- The bolt retaining the unit in the raised position can be removed and the feed roll is allowed to float in light crop conditions if needed.
- Seals are added to the side of the feedroll housing to improve the crop accumulation at the sides of the unit.
- Springs are changed to be more adjustable and easily serviced or adjusted. Adjustment should typically not be necessary with the feed roll in the raised position for most crop conditions.
- A driveline shield stop is added at the gearbox for better retention of the PTO shield.
- Shear bolt length has changed for improvement in installation.
Model Year 2017 Improvements:
The following improvements have been made on all adapters for MY2017. The additional parts are available through RCI parts channels for previous model years.
- Shipping Stand added for improved handling.
Model Year 2019 Improvements:
A driveline clutch has been added for MY2019. This clutch protects the header drive components from overload. The clutch is an automatic-style clutch and is rated for corn head power requirements.
An update bundle is available to retrofit the clutch and shield to older 812A Adapters. See ordering section for more information.
All 8000- AND 9000-Series Forage Harvesters need to be ordered with the Feedroll Sealing Kit from John Deere. For machines ordered without this sealing kit, please contact DTAC. Also, all North American 8000- and 9000-Series Forage Harvesters are equipped with grain pans. For Forage Harvesters in other markets, verify that grain pans are installed. Contact DTAC for more information.
Starting in MY2016, all 8000-Series Forage Harvesters need to be ordered with the Heavy-Duty Header Drive option. This is standard on all 9000-Series SPFH. These options are also available to be retrofitted to MY2015 machines. Contact John Deere DTAC for more information.
Approximately 1 hour of setup time is required from shipping configuration to set up to attach to the combine header. Approximately 1/2 hour of time is required to install the header and adapter on the 8000- or 9000-Series Forage Harvester.
RC071285 Adapter, 812A Combine Header* Order Through RCI
For units not equipped with Header Automatic Attachment, also order AXE74294 drive shaft. This is shorter than the standard driveshaft. If the Header Automatic Attachment option is installed, the driveshaft will be reused but the quick attachment device on the end of the driveshaft needs to be removed.
* All product features, including the driveline clutch, are now standard equipment. This product now includes parts for both standard and wide body machines and this product is shipped with Feed Roll Bars installed. Additional Deere parts are no longer needed except for a driveline, if the machine is not equipped with the Header Automatic Attachment option.
To update 812A Adapters to use the driveline clutch, order RCI bundle RC071577. This bundle includes a clutch, shield and new support plate.
812A Combine Header Adapter Marketing Bulletin
812A Combine Header Adapter Brochure