The 8A is intended to be used to provide a bumper as well as ballast for the SPFH to allow for ease of installation of larger headers. The weight rack section of the bumper can be removed and the bumper plate re-installed to provide protection for the back of the machine.
When using the weight rack, the factory weights are not needed on the 8000 SPFH. The bumper provides for room for traditional tractor suitcase weights for all of the ballast needed.
- Overall package allows for more cost-effective ballast solution than factory weights and a custom-built bumper for each customer.
- Modular design allows for removal of the weight rack and reinstallation of the bumper when using hay pickups.
- Removing extra ballast reduces compaction in hay fields and increases yield.
- Removing extra ballast improves fuel efficiency, especially in transport.
- Removing extra ballast during harvesting improves harvest capacity when the engine is under full load.
- Fork lift pockets and lift point locations are provided for ease of removal of weight rack and bumper with forks or lift chains for ease of reconfiguration when switching between hay pickups and corn heads.
- Adjustable bumper height allows for ground clearance from approximately 12” to 21”, depending on tire options of the SPFH.
- Tow bar mount at rear of unit for ease of connection of tow straps and/or chains.
- A pintle hitch is provided for quick chain and strap attachment. It is NOT INTENDED to be used for pulling trailers.
- Multiple mounting locations for hitch plate of SPFH. Important: Always follow towing recommendations of the SPFH. Refer to John Deere 8000-Series SPFH Operator Manual for more information.
- Weight rack fits traditional John Deere tractor suitcase weights.
- Clearance is provided for access to rear SCV and electrical connection of SPFH for auxiliary functions.
For MY2017, a pintle hitch is added to the rear of the bumper for ease of attachment for chains and straps. It is NOT INTENDED to be used for pulling trailers. Additional pads are also added for increased coverage of the rear of the bumper when lowering the adjustable plates.
IMPORTANT: Proper ballasting will keep efficiency of the four-wheel drive system and steering function when braking.
IMPORTANT: Always put same amount of weight plates inside left and right hand weight carrier when using the Standard Weight Rack. Refer to 8000 Series SPFH Operator Manual for information regarding weight plate installation if a weight rack is not needed.
IMPORTANT: Do not overload rear tires, especially when header is removed.
IMPORTANT: Special field conditions may require higher ballasting to keep efficiency of the four-wheel drive system and steering function.
Depending on machine/header type configurations, ballasting differs. To properly ballast the machine, ALWAYS refer to the relevant ballasting chart, then install required amount of weight.
Specifications – Base Weight
RC125061 Bundle, Base 583 lbs (265 kg)
RC125049 Rack, Standard Weight 400 lbs (180 kg)
Combined Weight 983 lbs (445 kg)
This product is available through your local John Deere Dealer.
RC125061 Bundle, Base – Qty 1
RC125049 Rack, Standard Weight (Optional) – Qty 1
Estimated Installation Times
Base Bundle Installation 1.5 hours
Weight Rack Initial Installation 1 hour
Field change between weight rack and bumper 0.5 hour
All times are dependent on use of appropriate tools and technician experience. No modifications to the SPFH are required for the installation, only the removal of a few components at the rear mount plate.