This is an example of the custom engineering work that RCI performs for customers for custom research plot harvesters.
Develop a combine to harvest whole plant dry corn and measure grain moisture, plot weight, and stover weight. Gather samples of both the dry corn and stover.
The solution for this project is as follows:
- Remove rear of combine and integrate a Hesston 7155 PTFH cutting unit.
- Source a forage harvester header and modify it to attach to the combine for whole plant harvest.
- Add a weighing system to the rear of the unit.
- Add a sampling system for grain to the unit.
- Add conveyors to deliver the stover sample to the cab.