New for 2017! A recutter screen bundle is now available from RCI Engineering for the 2017 Season on a limited basis. Contact your local John Deere Dealer for more information.
The RCI Recutter Screen is designed to allow for material resizing of earlage/snaplage and other forages, specifically for the 8000-Series SPFH. This product is the only approved recutter screen bundle for the 8000-Series SPFH and does not impact the warranty of the base machine.
- Three standard screen sizes are available as follows:
o 13 mm
o 19 mm
o 35 mm
o Other sizes may be introduced in the future based on customer demand.
- System is designed to be removed without removing the cutterhead.
- Initial installation requires cutterhead assembly removal.
- This product was designed with direct input from John Deere Engineering to ensure a quality-fit of components for precise operation compared to other after-market screens.
- Screen adjustments are simple to make.
- Crop flow is optimized with supplied bottom pan to ensure reliable operation.
This product is available through your local John Deere Dealer.
Part Number Description Comments
RC180045 Bundle, Wide-Body Recutter Screen Base * 8600-8800 SPFH
RC180048 Bundle, Standard-Body Recutter Screen Base * 8100-8500 SPFH
RC180001 Screen, 35mm Wide-Body Recutter 8600-8800 SPFH
RC180047 Screen, 13mm Wide-Body Recutter 8600-8800 SPFH
RC180046 Screen, 19mm Wide-Body Recutter 8600-8800 SPFH
RC180049 Screen, 13mm Standard-Body Recutter 8100-8500 SPFH
RC180050 Screen, 19mm Standard-Body Recutter 8100-8500 SPFH
RC180051 Screen, 35mm Standard-Body Recutter 8100-8500 SPFH
* When ordering for a machine, select the appropriate bundle and desired screen size. See Marketing Bulletin for more information regarding additional parts to order.
Estimated Installation Times
Base Bundle Installation 6 hours
Removal of parts to convert back to production 1 hour
All times are dependent on use of appropriate tools and technician experience. No modifications to the SPFH are required for the installation, only the removal of a few components between the cutterhead and kernel processor mounting location. Setup times are subject to change based on feedback from dealers. Please contact RCI after installation with the feedback sheet provided in the installation instructions.