The 130S Research Plot Sampler is used to harvest test plots of corn silage, sorghum, alfalfa, grass, switch grass, or other forages and/or biomass crops. The unit can be attached to a John Deere Pull-Type or Self-Propelled Forage Harvester or used with a front mount forage harvester (tractor mounted). The sampler can also be used with an NIR sensor to gather moisture, starch content, protein, other constituents, weight, sample weight, and location settings on a tablet PC in the cab of the power unit. The 130S integrates a blower unit to the design to deliver the material to a wagon or to spread out the material over a larger area on the ground compared to the 30A Research Plot Sampler, with less time required per plot than the 30A.
Function of Unit
Crop from the Forage Harvester enters the upper hopper while harvesting. Once the plot material is weighed, the upper hopper drops the material into the lower portion of the unit. The operator gathers a sub-sample from a cross auger and places it on the scale for weighing if desired (second scale optional). Once weighed, the sub-sample is stored behind the seat. The crop is simultaneously fed into a blower system and delivered through a secondary spout to a wagon or can be spread on the ground. The system is controlled by the RCI PlotPro Software System.
- Unit includes an upper hopper, lower hopper, sampling device, and operator station for efficient collection of data.
- RCI can install the unit on nearly any John Deere Self-Propelled or Pull-Type Forage Harvester.
- RCI can customize the unit for a variety of customer needs for data collection.
- The harvesting unit can be fitted with a windrow pickup or chain header for various crops and conditions.
- Unit is powered by a hydraulic power source from the base machine.
- The tablet PC is removable from the machine for use in off-season data gathering.
- An optional GPS tracking system is available for the unit.
- A rear-facing camera system is included with the unit.
- Upper hopper capacity is approximately 30 cu. feet or 500 lbs of material (~80% moisture).
- Sampling system sample volume is approximately 2-10 lbs of material (adjustable).
- Recutter screens are available to reduce particle size if desired.
- A custom dump cart is available if needed.
- Other machine variations are available on request
- Traction units can be supplied as new, used, or customer-supplied.
- RCI can rebuild existing power units as needed.
- RCI specializes in turn-key plot harvesters using new or rebuilt power units.
Order this product direct from RCI Engineering.
RC099406 – 130S Research Plot Sampler
130S Research Plot Sampler Marketing Bulletin
130S Research Plot Sampler Brochure
130S Research Plot Sampler Operator Manual