The R1 Merger Attachment is available for the John Deere W200-Series (W235/W260) Self Propelled Windrowers (SPW) with 500R Rotary Platforms.
The R1 allows merging of windrows with SPW in front of a self-propelled forage harvester, or in conditions that do not require wide swaths for dry-down. The R1 can eliminate the need for raking or merging passes through the field.
- Merge two or three windrows into one.
- Single windrows can be created as selected by the operator.
- Control all merger functions using the keypads on the multi-function lever.
- Attachment can be disabled on-the-go for normal center-dumping of the windrow.
- Attachment raises to transport position with leading edge of the belt frame angled upward to clear incoming crop flow for center-dumping.
- Belt speed is controlled from the multi-function lever and is adjustable to vary windrow placement and formation.
- Attachment features a front conveyor behind the conditioner. This device gathers material dropping out of the crop stream, and delivers it to the cross belt for reliable function in varying crop conditions.
- The hydraulic drive system enables the belt to maintain speed as the engine load is increased and engine speed decreases.
- Each belt features a v-groove for ease of belt tracking.
- Windrowers arrive from the factory Merger-Ready. No welding is required.
Improvements Over Previous Generation (316M)
- Forming shields can be adjusted for proper windrow width when belly-dumping windrows.
- Belt tensioning for both belts is greatly improved.
- Both belts are tensioned in the same manner at a single point, one time during belt installation.
- The belt tension is automatically maintained over time, eliminating the need for adjustment.
- Consistent and proper belt tension improves belt reliability and tracking functionality.
- New scrapers provide for cleaner tensioning rollers and trash ejection to allow for improved function in the harshest conditions.
- Pivot mechanism and structure are simplified for ease of installation and less weight.
- The belly-pan used under the frame on the previous generation has been eliminated with improved crop flow.
- The original forming shields are used with new side sheets to allow for windrow width adjustment and ease of installation.
- Improved pivot mechanism offers an additional degree of freedom for better protection of obstacles in the field such as borders, embankments, and obstructions.
- This attachment only discharges to the right side of the machine when merging.
- AutoTrac is recommended for efficient harvesting when combining three windrows into one.
- The R1 Merger Attachment is not compatible with impeller conditioners. The attachment is compatible with all roll-type conditioners.
- It is advised to add a camera to the base machine to view the crop flow under the machine. The camera can be mounted under the right-side storage box and can be displayed on a 2630 display or with a camera display screen mounted in the cab by the dealer.
- RC201035 Bundle, R1 Merger Attachment